Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Thunderbolts: True Christians

Let me say this in defense of true Christians. They do not spend time gloating on the faults of others, but, in seeing those faults, make sure they won't be falling in the same behavior. After all I am married to one. Pretend Christians hide their faults and dig incessantly looking for the others' faults so they can pronounce judgments about the immorality of them. Pretend Christians do not think, they just copy laboriously citations, but run as from hell from trying understanding them, so to avoid erring in their interpretations, errors which might prevent them from going to a mythical heaven. Real Christians do not fret about Heaven, they learn, they keep quiet and talk with compassion, and they do as they know best without looking for approval of the others. They seek the approval from the right source. They are humble and ignore the meaning of pride. In falling, they do not run looking for forgiveness, but they go and mend what's wrong... because they know forgiveness is for fools, and unnecessary when you righted the wrong you made.
Reading the papers, especially the news from Washington, it seems that the fallings of the pretend Christians are contagious, and a few Atheists and others of different persuasions have started imitating them. The real tragedy is that we are focusing in those unfortunate events whilst the country is crumbling consequence of the avoidance of real problems.
I was told me that it seems I do not want Christians to freely express their beliefs, which seems a rather odd question if you know me. Of course I want REAL Christians, not the cartoon trolls that we are made to suffer. Saying you're a Christian doesn't make you so. After all the sage said: "By their works you'll know 'em".
I would say, let's dump those pretend Christians from our conversations, and you will have a lot more peaceful and serene community. Let's dump innuendo and characterization and judge not. Understanding is one thing, putting down is another thing, and if you don't know the difference, sorry pal but we have no business with you. A good discourse shows that a proposition is right presenting the merits and foundation of it. A bad discourse pretends that the proposition is right because YOU are in the wrong. Something to think about...

1 comment:

gnosticserenity said...

Namaste Frank, I find it hard to call anyone "pretend." It is hard to be a Christian. Some of us are better at it than others. Some lack the guidance ... inner or external. I think I was lucky to be left alone to find my faith. I learned their lessons but I listened to the words... the words did not match the deeds. I saw that early on. In trying to live up to the words, I discovered they were easier to read than to live... plus the OT and Paul allow for alternate interpretations than mine. So I sigh... and do what I think best. Am I true or pretend? Answers vary. Love to you.